Episode 229: 09-05-13
Social Good – Publix Style
Publix has been instrumental in many projects to make our community better. We discuss how Publix implements its community efforts and thank them for helping us make the community a better place.
Kim Reynolds, media and community relations manager for Publix Super Markets’ Miami division, will join us to discuss how you can get Publix involved in your community.
Beat The Heat At The Game
Terek Maddox, B.S., exercise physiology, is an exercise science/strength and conditioning coach for his firm ESPA Training, Inc., in South Florida. After a stint with the New York Jets‘ strength and conditioning department, Terek returned to Miami to head his own sports-training company for professional athletes in the South Florida area.
He currently works with athletes in the NBA and NFL, in addition to high school and collegiate-level athletes training to get to the next level of their specific sport. Terek is a member of The National Athletic Training Association Board of Certification.
This week we discuss how to beat the heat at the UF vs. UM game.
Straight Shot Of Jim – Summer’s Over
Jim will also discuss his thoughts on issues that have come up this summer and that will linger on into the fall and beyond, including:
- Rising interest rates and the impact on residential and commercial real estate.
- Fracking – Do we want this if it causes earthquakes and pollution?
- Traffic and Growth in Miami – The city is changing. Embrace it.
- The market is back. Where are the deals?
- How does that Marlins trade look now?
- The coming changes of fall – Football, fall trips going up on the board.
- Unplug – get off the grid. It is good for you.
- AND – Jim will take special care to address the “I Love You Man” phenomenon at work.
Episode 229: 09-05-13 (To download, right-click and select “Save Link As”.)
Featured photo courtesy of Alexf on Wikimedia Commons.