- 5:00 Dr. David Denslow Jr.- Research Economist for the Bureau of Economic and Business Research and Distinguished Service Professor in the Department of Economics, –Dr. Denslow and I discuss the fundamentals of the Florida economy and its prospects for economic growth as a whole and region by region.
- 5:25 Steve Cohen –Senior Vice President American Momentum Bank in Central Florida. Steve joined AMB after a 24 year career with SunTrust Bank where in held various leadership roles throughout Florida. – We discuss The State of the Capital Markets in Florida.
- 5:35 Steven P. Kirn, Ph.D. Executive Director of the David F. Miller Center for Retailing Education and Research – we discuss educating retailers in Florida.
- 5:45 Kelley Bergstrom and Nathan Collier discuss Philanthropy and Higher Education – why they chose make significant contributions to the University of Florida.
- Mr. Bergstrom is President of Bergstrom Investment Management and on various investment groups ranging from real estate to new company start-ups. He served as president and CEO of JMB Properties Company. Recently, Mr. Bergstrom established the Kelley A. Bergstrom Real Estate Center Endowment Fund with a contribution of $2.5 million dollars. With future state matching funds, the endowment will be worth over $6.0 million dollars. The income of this fund will be used to support the University of Florida’s Kelley A. Bergstrom Center for Real Estate Studies. Effective July 1, 2010, he became the Chairman of the Center’s Board of Directors.
- Mr. Collier is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Collier Companies and has been involved in multifamily acquisition, operation, and finance for more than thirty years, assembling a portfolio of approximately 9,600 units and more than 21,000 bedrooms. He has built what is probably the largest and most successful student housing portfolio from a single duplex purchased while he was in college, and has been recognized by Forbes magazine and the National Multi Housing Council as a leader in the field. He has endowed the Nathan Collier Master of Science in Real Estate program at University of Florida’s Hough Graduate School of Business, where he routinely teaches as an adjunct professor.
- 5:55 Jim reads rants about issues that get under his skin.